How to Activate eSIM on Samsung S21

Started by esim, August 06, 2024, 06:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esim

Connecting your Samsung Galaxy S21 to mobile networks is easier than ever with eSIM support. An eSIM or electronic SIM allows you to activate data plans directly on your S21 without needing a physical nano-SIM card.
   In this guide, I'll walk you through the step-by-step process to activate eSIM on Samsung S21. Whether you want to use 5G or 4G networks, this article covers everything you need to start using the eSIM functionality on your phone.

Overview of Activating eSIM on Samsung S21

An eSIM lets you add a mobile data plan and activate it to connect to cellular and data networks. Here's a quick summary of what I'll cover:
      Checking eSIM compatibility on the Samsung S21

Understanding the eSIM activation methods

Following instructions to activate a mobile plan

Connecting to networks once the eSIM is activated
[/list]
   I'll also provide some useful tips when activating your eSIM on the Samsung S21. So read on to learn how to get online using the eSIM after completing this guide.

Is My Samsung S21 Compatible With eSIM?

First, you need to verify that your Samsung S21 model supports eSIM functionality. The Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra all have eSIM support.
   You can also check your phone's specifications to confirm eSIM compatibility. Go to Settings > About Phone > Status and scroll down to look for "eSIM status". If you see a "Working" status, your S21 is ready for eSIM activation.

Activation Methods for eSIM on Samsung S21

There are a few ways to activate a mobile data plan on the eSIM based on your carrier's process:
         Install a pre-assigned plan: Some carriers automatically push the eSIM plan without needing additional steps.

QR code scan: Your carrier provides a QR code to scan and activate the plan.

Manual entry: Enter details like an activation code manually to activate the eSIM.
[/list]
   I'll go through the step-by-step process for each method next.

How to Activate eSIM on Samsung S21

Follow these steps to activate your eSIM plan on the Samsung S21 once it's been added:

Install a Pre-Assigned Plan

If your carrier automatically assigns plans to eSIMs on the S21:
         On your phone, open the Settings app.

Go to Connections > SIM Card Manager.

Select Add Mobile Plan from the options.

The plan should automatically download and activate after a few minutes.
[/list]
   You may need to provide your device's unique EID code to the mobile carrier before this works.

Activate Using QR Code

If you received a QR code for eSIM from your carrier:
         Get the QR code ready on another phone or take a print out.

On your S21, open Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager.

Choose Add Mobile Plan > Add Using QR Code.

Scan the QR code on the screen to activate the eSIM.
[/list]

Enter Details Manually

If your carrier provided manual details or an activation code:
         Go to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager.

Select Add Mobile Plan.

Choose Add Using Activation Code.

Enter plan details or code and activate eSIM.
[/list]

How Long Does eSIM Activation Take on Samsung S21?

Activating your eSIM plan on the S21 is a quick process that should take just a few minutes.
   If your carrier automatically assigns an eSIM plan, it gets enabled almost instantly after selecting the option to add a mobile plan.
   For QR code scans or entering the activation code manually, the process completes within 2-5 minutes typically. The actual activation occurs fast once details are entered correctly.
   Here are the average eSIM activation times on the Samsung S21:
      Pre-assigned plan: Under 1 minute

QR code scan: 2-3 minutes

Manual activation code entry: 3-5 minutes
[/list]
   The main time requirement is for entering details carefully when activating manually. The cellular activation servers also need a short while to authenticate details and provision the eSIM.
   So you can expect your eSIM plan to be ready for use within 5 minutes or less on the S21. Actual usage times depend on the speed of your mobile data connectivity.

Connecting to Mobile Data After Activating eSIM

Once activation completes, you'll see the new plan enabled under SIM Card Manager.
   To start using mobile data, go to Connections > Mobile Networks. Choose the eSIM plan as your preferred option for mobile data.
   Don't forget to turn on data roaming if you want to use mobile internet outside your home country.
   With that, you are all set to use the eSIM plan on your Samsung S21! Whether ordering food or getting directions, you'll stay conveniently connected on-the-go after adding a mobile plan on the eSIM.
   I hope you found this guide helpful for successfully activating and using an eSIM card on your Samsung Galaxy S21. Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions!

FAQ About Activating eSIM on Samsung S21

Can I activate an eSIM by myself on the S21?

Yes, you can activate an eSIM by yourself on the Samsung S21. The process typically involves scanning a QR code provided by your eSIM carrier or manually entering the activation details. Most eSIM providers offer step-by-step instructions to guide you through the activation process seamlessly.

Does the Samsung S21 support using eSIM?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra all support eSIM functionality. You can activate an eSIM on these devices by following the instructions provided by your eSIM carrier. Make sure to check your specific model's compatibility and follow the activation steps accordingly.

How do I get an eSIM QR code for my S21?

To get an eSIM QR code for your Samsung S21, contact your mobile carrier and request for an eSIM plan. Many carriers now provide eSIM plans with a QR code that you can scan on your S21 to activate it. Some eSIM providers like Asian eSIM also offer QR codes when you purchase a plan that you can directly use to activate the eSIM.

Can I use both eSIM and physical SIM on my S21?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series supports the use of both an eSIM and a physical nano-SIM card. You can have one active at a time for calling and mobile data. The other SIM can be enabled if needed when you swap your active SIM. This dual SIM functionality gives you added flexibility when using your S21.

How do I set the eSIM as the preferred SIM on my Samsung S21?

To set the eSIM as the preferred option for mobile data and calling on your S21, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks. Tap on Network mode and choose the eSIM from the SIM card drop down menu. This will set the eSIM plan as the primary SIM for cellular network connectivity.

leorasy

First, confirm that your mobile carrier supports eSIM and that your Samsung Galaxy S21 is unlocked Fireboy and Watergirl Game or tied to a carrier that allows eSIM activation. Not all carriers or regions support eSIM, so check with your carrier.

donna1205

Thanks for sharing the article on how to activate eSIM on Samsung S21. It is very detailed and clear to do Slope Unblocked

nanalyly

To activate eSIM, you need an eSIM activation QR code from your carrier. You can typically get this by contacting your carrier's customer service bandle or visiting a store. Some carriers may also provide eSIM activation details through their app or website.